The procedure for connectivity of Renewable Energy System under Regulation 6 of Net Metering Regulations, 2014 is a three tier process, which is as follows;
- Feasiblity Analysis,
- Registration; and
- The consumer shall submit an application, seeking connectivity under the Net Metering Regulations, 2014 in the specified format as per Annexure – I along with an application fee of 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred) only to the concerned Distribution Licensee for feasibility analysis.
- The Distribution Licensee shall acknowledge the receipt of the application form and shall record time, date & serial number of the receipt which shall form the basis for drawing the priority list, for further processing of applications on first cum first serve Such a priority list having validity of one hundred and eighty (180) days from the date of receipt of application shall be displayed at prominent locations in the offices of the Distribution Licensee and to be uploaded on its website.
- In order of priority, the Distribution Licensee shall complete the feasibility analysis for connecting the Renewable EnergySystem to the distribution system within thirty
- (30) days from the date of receipt of the .
- On feasibility analysis, if it is found that due to certain reasons including operational constraints it is not feasible for the Distribution Licensee to provide connectivity at all or upto the applied capacitye. connectivity is feasible for a reduced capacity, the Distribution Licensee shall specifically record the reasons thereof and subject to clause 5 of these guidelines, intimate in writing the same to the applicant(s) specifically mentioning that:
- the applicant has the option, to be exercised in writing, to either
- accept the connectivity for the reduced capacity and approach the Distribution Licensee to process the case; or
- seek refund of its application fee either within seven (7) days of the receipt of the intimation; or
- to stay in the priority list till its validity i.e. upto 180 (one hundred and eighty) days under clause 3(2) of these guidelines, for re-consideration and approval in case of future availability of applied capacity at the distribution transformer level etc. within such period.
- If the applicant seeks refund, the Distribution Licensee shall refund the application fee within seven (7) days from the date of receipt of intimation from the applicant in this regard. Thereafter, the Distribution Licensee shall notify the updated position of the remnant applicants in the priority list.
- In case the consumer opts to stay in the priority list and even in the validity period of priority list of one hundred and eighty (180) days the required capacity does not get available, the Distribution Licensee shall refund the application fee on its own within seven (7) days of expiry of such 180 (one hundred and eighty) days period;
- The Distribution Licensee shall seek prior approval of the Commission for not providing connectivity or offering connectivity for a reduced capacity.
- On feasibility analysis, if it is found feasible for the Distribution Licensee to provide connectivity for the applied capacity or a reduced capacity under clause 3(4)(a)(i), the Distribution Licensee within seven (7) days from the feasibility analysis shall inform all such applicants, to apply for registration and further processing. A Registration form as per Annexure – II shall also be furnished with the Intimation Letter containing the following information:
- Details of documents to be submitted by the applicant;
- Technical specifications including the essential safety features
- Allowable capacity and technical specifications of the Renewable Energy Meter and Net Meter;
- Relevant abstract of the applicable Rules & Regulations
- List of approvals / clearances required from respective authorities / agencies for installation of Renewable EnergySystem;
- Model Renewable EnergySystem line diagram for grid connectivity;
- Model Connection Agreement;
- SLD charges, if applicable as per Regulation 3(4);
- Applicable charges as specified by the Commission from time to time;
- Any other information/details as may be required to ensure safe and reliable operation of the distribution system with prior approval of the Commission;
- The applicant, within thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of the intimation regarding feasibility and capacity under clause 3(6) of these guidelines, shall apply for registration of his scheme for installation of the Renewable Energy System in the format specified in Annexure-II (Registration Form) along with requisite documents and the Registration Charges as stipulated below and other applicable charges:-
|Sl. No.||Capacity (kW)||Charges (Rs)|
|1||1 to ≤ 10||1000/-|
|2||> 10 to ≤ 50||3000/-|
|3||> 50 to ≤ 100||6000/-|
|4||> 100 to ≤ 300||9000/-|
|5||> 300 to ≤ 500||12000/-|
- At the time of submission of Registration Form, the Distribution Licensee shall perform preliminary checks of all the documents submitted along with the Registration Form in the presence of applicant or his representative, and if found complete, shall receive the form and acknowledge its
- The Distribution Licensee shall scrutinize the Registration Form within forty five (45) days from the date of its receipt, and shall either
- allot a Registration Number to the applicant, if Registration Form is found complete and in order, or
- intimate the applicant about the deficiencies observed in the submitted Registration Form, if any, along with the instructions to cure such deficiencies.
- The consumer shall re-submit the Registration Form, along with the requisite documents, after curing the deficiencies contained therein within fifteen (15) days of the receipt of intimation.
- Within fifteen (15) days from the date of receipt of the re-submitted Registration Form, the Distribution Licensee shall scrutinize it and shall
- register the scheme and assign a registration number if Registration Form is found complete and in order;
- give a personal hearing to the applicant and also intimate in writing the deficiencies, found if any, in the Registration Form and/or the documents submitted by the applicant giving him a final opportunity to cure the deficiencies and its re-submission.
- The applicant within fifteen (15) days from such intimation shall cure the deficiencies and re-submit the Registration Form along with documents to the Distribution Licensee. If the Registration Form is found complete and in order, the Distribution Licensee shall register the scheme and assign a Registration Number to it. However, if it is observed that certain deficiencies still persist, the application for registration may be rejected under intimation to the Commission.
- Within thirty (30) days from the date of registration, the Distribution Licensee and the Consumer shall execute a Connection Agreement. The Connection Agreement shall include clauses relating to interconnectivity, billing and settlement, dispute resolution and Standards as per Net Metering Regulations, 2014, relevant Guidelines, Orders thereof, as amended from time to time. In case the applicant fails to execute the Connection Agreement for reasons assigned to him, the registration shall be treated as cancelled.
- The applicant shall avail the connectivity of the Renewable EnergySystem within one (1) year from the date of registration, failing which the registration may be cancelled under intimation to the Commission and the Distribution Licensee can proceed for allotment of such capacity to other applicants, strictly on the basis of first come first serve basis as per the available priority list.
- The applicant shall obtain requisite approvals, in accordance with the provisions of the Central Electricity Authority (Technical Standards for Connectivity of Distributed Generation Resources) Regulations, 2013 for commissioning of the Renewable Energy System, and furnish copies of approvals to the Distribution Licensee.
- The Distribution Licensee, within fifteen (15)days from the date of installation of the Renewable Energy System shall procure, test and install the Net Meter. In case the Net Meter is procured by the applicant, the Distribution Licensee, within fifteen (15) days from the intimation from the applicant regarding procurement of the Net Meter, shall test and install the Net Meter so procured.
- The Distribution Licensee shall, within fifteen (15) days of receipt of the intimation under Regulation 8(2) of the Net Metering Regulations, 2014 test the Renewable Energy System in the presence of the applicant as per the provisions of the Central Electricity Authority (Technical Standards for Connectivity of Distributed Generation Resources) Regulations, 2013 and shall provide the connectivity with the distribution system.
- Distribution Licensee may keep the entire information regarding application and registration of the Renewable Energy System on the website or web portal for transparency and convenience.